Thursday 14 June 2012

Remission after 6 cycles Brentuximab

OH MY ACTUAL GOD!!!!! REMISSION!!! Read it and weep! Or just jump for joy! Do a few laps of honour around the living room! Scream and shout! Open champagne! Tell the world! Then have a game of badminton....well that was my day anyway :)

Yes it's happened, I am in remission, it's official - heard it from the Dr's mouth this morning. The 'mass' that is behind my chest wall is scar tissue and not cancerous. Bloody hurrah for Brentuximab!!!!! But also hurrah for friends, family, fun, laughter, yoga, rainbows, puppies, salsa, musicals, parties, sunshine, waves, chanting, good food, fine wine, adventures, prayer, positivity, smiles, magic, miracles and LOVE!!! I really feel so blessed by the unfaltering love and support I have had from soooo many people, I know my choices and lifestyle this last year have not always been conventional and yet no one has judged me of tried to coerce me in to anything I didn't want to do.....oh my god this sounds like an oscars acceptance speech! And I'd like to thank my mom and dad and God :) 

Just having a bit of time out to write this and maybe snooze before badminton and the celebratory cocktails tonight.....and then I thought I have no excuse for snoozing or any other malingering activity anymore!! In fact I may not be able to guilt people in to basically doing whatever I want them to.....I may need to attend to admin more efficiently...change my attitude eewwww...get stressed about crap!! Whoah there! NO I say! Living is not going to change me I was having way to much fun! 

Soooo, the Brentuximab will continue whilst I am referred to the transplant team to discuss options- ie stem cell transplant (using mine) or bone marrow (someone elses). Dr said this am that stem cell has slightly less chance of cure but also less chance of killing me whereas bone marrow is opposite. But anyway lalala don't have to make any decisions yet it will be a couple of months    yet. So I get to enjoy the summer, go to Spain, take in a festival and then get cured....job done :)

Anyway, don't know what I will blog about anymore, not sure how interesting a day in the life of my dog could be - altho she is pretty awesome!

HUGE amounts of love always :)

Sim xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Fabulous news. It's turned out nice again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most Excellent News Sim, well done you! Lots of love always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news, been following your blog, great to get your insight, I'm just about to enrol for bentuximab trial here in Perth for relapsed MF. Heres hoping!
    Enjoy!
    Kiwi/Aussie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sim, A huge big congrats blog hug- well done,keep doing what you're doing and LOVE life!! From sunny Jersey!xxx

    ReplyDelete